North West based Lifestyle + Project Blog.

Top 5 Lush Products That Arent Bath Bombs

Top 5 Lush Products That Arent Bath Bombs

We all know Lush for its famous bath bombs, which are the subject of many Instagram and YouTube posts but Lush has much more to offer than the fizzy, one time use, colourful spheres.

Here are my top 5 products from Lush that aren’t bath bombs and as I used to work there you can trust that these choices really are some of the best.

9-5 Cleansing Lotion

9to5

This cleanser is amazing, It is one of my beauty must haves as it gets rid of the most stubborn make up without feeling ‘chemically’ , and yes I’m talking waterproof mascara and gel eyeliner too. The seductive smell makes you feel like your in a spa and the cool texture leaves your skin soft and fresh, it also doesn’t hurt if you get it in your eyes.

Smells like – Buttery Fresh Linen

£9.95 – 240g

Lemon Flutter Cuticle Butter

2361

This is the best cuticle butter I have ever come across  and as a beauty product lover I have undoubtedly come across a few in my time. Lemon Flutter starts out with an almost exfoliator like texture, which reminds me of tiny, tiny pieces of crushed meringue, when rubbed in it then turns into a lemony oil which leaves your nails nourished but not soft.

I use this before painting my nails and leave it to soak in for 5 minuets before applying polish. Somehow nail varnish seems to grip on easier to the nail after using this and also leaves a neater and shinier coat of polish for the rest of the week.

Oh and It also seems to last foreverrrrrrr.

Smells like – Lemon Meringue

£6.95 – 50g

Massage Bar – Soft Coeur

2132

In my opinion the best massage bar out of quite a large collection. It may be one of the smallest but Soft Coeur has the bonus of a self heating chocolaty centre and this texture mixed with the creamy buttery outside makes it a crowning champion. The whole bar has a more sensual quality to it than the rest and really transports you into a world of relaxation, as your muscles and skin seem to relax into themselves.

Smells like – Spicy Chocolate Herbs

£4.95 – 30g

Pink Peppermint Foot Cream

0214302143_b

Whether it’s a from a massive shopping spree, training for a fun run or wearing regrettably high heels we have all had days when our feet throb in beat with your favourite ballad.

We try and stop the pain. Feet in a bucket of hit water or maybe that clunky foot bath you got last Christmas and hardly use or maybe like me you once even rubbed paracetamol gel in between little sore toes.

Well thankfully after I discovered Pink Peppermint Foot Cream and my feet have never been so grateful. It has a slight tingling sensation from the peppermint but not enough to feel like a deep heat or menthol sensation. It makes your feet feel new again and the good enough to eat smell carries across the room. Its the type of product that makes you want sore feet so you can have an excuse to use it.

Smells like – Chocolatey Pink Heaven

£12.95 – 225g

Elbow Grease Moisturising Bar

elbowpakkaus

This moisturising bar has a really interesting texture, it comes in a semi hard bar but when spread on your skin glides on without any sign of a struggle. It feels quite cool on the skin and melts on to it like an oil yet isn’t too liquid or wet. It is also a tattoo brightener and although I have no tattoos ( yet) I know from experience from working at Lush that it really makes a difference , as I used to demonstrate it on to tattoo customers all the time.

Smells like – don’t remember so obviously not a key feature

£5.95 -60g

Basket Total – £40.75

Totally worth it.

Let me know your experiences with these products or your favourite Lush essential ! <3

21 Comments

1. fussfreejen
    February 22, 2017 / 2:22 pm

It was my eldest son (21) who converted me to Lush a couple of years ago. Until then I thought it more over-scented and not something that I’d like. How wrong was I. I have several products now, none of which are bath bombs. The green body scrub is great, and I have the coffee shampoo, which my hair loves.

• February 22, 2017 / 2:33 pm

I know exactly what you mean, I think the fact that the shop smells so strong when you walk past doesn’t help and often puts people off. I feel like they should push their other products a bit more in the public eye. x

2. February 22, 2017 / 6:50 pm

It looks like I have to change my opinion of Lush, I really did think it was all overly smelly bath bombs! Some of these sound lovely, you’ve convinced me to try them out!

• February 22, 2017 / 6:54 pm

Haha that’s awesome . Yeah give it a go definitely . They sell things with no smell aswell. Just got to brave the shop or order online. X

3. Sophie Whiffen
    February 22, 2017 / 7:24 pm

I adore Lush products and have a cupboard full, but funnily enough I haven’t tried any of these! Will take a look next time I pop in!

4. February 22, 2017 / 8:41 pm

A friend of mine was delighted at Lush’s lack of packaging too. Made me pop in again, good suggestions here.

• February 22, 2017 / 8:44 pm

Most of the plastic they use is recycled aswell x

5. February 22, 2017 / 9:20 pm

My teenage daughter adores Lush products, she could spend hours buying stuff. Her favourite products are the lip scrubs she swears by them for keeping her lips smooth xx

• February 22, 2017 / 9:22 pm

They are so popular with young girls . When I worked there they would come in and buy every flavour just to eat them haha x

6. Ella Ivoire
    February 23, 2017 / 1:00 pm

I love Lush and only rarely I buy bath bombs. They have such lush products (see what I did there? hehe)

• February 23, 2017 / 2:27 pm

Haha . I don’t buy msny bath bombs. Prefer bubble bars anyway x

7. February 23, 2017 / 2:11 pm

I wasn’t a fan of lush until recently. Have you tried the lip balm scrub? Truly divine

• February 23, 2017 / 8:06 pm

Yeah I have the bubble gum one but the chocolate one seems nice x

8. February 23, 2017 / 2:19 pm

I am so old fashioned! Can you believe I have never been in Lush!? I’ve heard so many good things about their products and they smell amazing as I walk by. Not sure I’d know what to look for if I went in. I must take my daughter in when we go to Nottingham next. She would love it in here 🙂

• February 23, 2017 / 2:26 pm

Well hopefully now you have some good ideas x

9. February 23, 2017 / 9:34 pm

It’s rare for me to go any further than the bath bombs in lush. I really need to venture further into the store! I really want to try a body conditioner but I always forget when I’m in store x

• February 23, 2017 / 10:11 pm

Awww lush has great body conditioners. Let me know how you get on xx

10. February 23, 2017 / 9:48 pm

I love lush! The bath bombs are my favourite but these all look fab too! xx

11. ChelseaMamma
    February 24, 2017 / 2:42 pm

I love lemon flutter – it smells good enough to eat

• February 24, 2017 / 3:26 pm

I know! Want to spread it on toast haha